"UNmentionable"....... 5/11-5/17

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

eoconnell wrote:Trudi, those are so cute! I just want to know who you are sending them to!

A couple of friends just announced their wedding dates, so I'm sure one of them will get it for their bridal showers/lingerie party. Or maybe just a "Girls Night" or "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"....
Trudeenr

Trudi... what great cards! And very innovative of you to layer vellum to get a true skin tone. These gems are perfect for bridal shower cards. (And your non-naughty one is also very nice. It just looks so tame by comparison!)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Needed a baby card... and this challenge provided a perfect opportunity!
(Recycled the inside of an envelope that came in the mail last week for sweet little elephant. Thought the pattern looks like the texture of elephant skin!)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Kathy - you get the best mail...for card making!
Trudeenr

Kathy, that is adorable, and let me guess...you made your own pattern for the elephant. You are a true artist.
Elaine
eoconnell

Trudi, what a fun card...someone will get a laugh out if it....
Kathy, great looking card...love the recycle elephant,

well done ladies and thanks for doing the challenge
terrie

Kathy, that is adorable! And, I totally have to agree with Trudi on your mail. Good grief, I pretty much just get white envelopes, or those printed ones that hold lots of ads.

Okay, this is what I came up with. I went with total gray and pink (though I really wanted to add black for the printing, I didn't). Yes, some of my gray is silver, but that is a form of gray. ;) And yes, it has a TON of layers.

5-15-16 STV WCC Layers (309x400).jpg
5-15-16 STV WCC Layers (309x400).jpg (130.3 KiB) Viewed 1006 times

All of the gray paper is from 1 sheet, though it looks different in the photo. The pink was from more than 1 sheet, but all the same color. I used silver embossing powder, as well as a pink that looked pretty close to the paper I used and had LOTS of silver sparkle in it.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

eoconnell wrote:Kathy, that is adorable, and let me guess...you made your own pattern for the elephant. You are a true artist.

Elaine, you are so sweet! Actually, a pinterest card inspired me... and I googled elephant template so that I didn't have to make my own. Found the perfect one (titled "baby elephant cut out template") I love the web!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Great looking card Golda...I like the sparkle that is showing
Thanks for playing along....well done
terrie

Golda, what a beautiful elegant and also magical card. Love it!!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

PreviousNext

Return to "Hump Day" Bump