Bleached Out Images

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

eoconnell wrote:Kathy, great job! Did that red really bleach down to white? I never would have guessed that.

Yep. Surprised me, too. I planned on using a dark green paper, but like Ellie's kraft cardstock, the bleach did nothing to it. Tried a few other colors to see what would happen and liked this one best.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

6-11-16 STV WCC  (320x400).jpg
6-11-16 STV WCC (320x400).jpg (115.74 KiB) Viewed 991 times

This was interesting. I tested a scrap of the paper first and it worked, so I stamped, then tried to line up the Versamark and stamp over it, which actually worked pretty well. It missed a few spots, but got around the flowers, which was all I really needed. However, when bleaching the flowers and buds - you can't really see the buds too well, everything bleached pretty well, except for 1 petal on 1 of the flowers. That one turned tan. What?!?! Anyway, I used a white pencil to make that one white and get a couple of small areas that didn't bleach as well. Thought it was funny that just 1 petal turned a different color.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Golda, love the Kraft and light blue color combo. And you did a good job of fixing that naughty flower petal. It is funny that one petal turned a different color... must have been a mix up when they made the paper?
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Great job, Golda! Mine bleached at different levels too. I don't know what's up with that. Thanks for playing!
Ellie

Golda, it turned out pretty and that was a good thought to use a white pencil to color it in.
Elaine
eoconnell

Previous

Return to "Hump Day" Bump