June 29th...circle step!

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

The pattern is on Pintrest so it's not a big deal but the original calls for 6-1/2" circle and the measurements are accordingly for that size. If you have the Grand Caliber or even if you do it on a Cricut or Silhouette, you should be okay. I didn't really have trouble cutting it down to my 5-1/2 inch scale - I winged it and that part came out okay but I wanted a layer on top of the white base and that's where I ran into trouble because I didn't have an appropriate size bowl to trace (I'm going old school). I'm cat sitting now anyway so probably won't get back to it.
Elaine
eoconnell

eoconnell wrote:I have to say...I tried this. I didn't have big circle dies, so I traced a 5-1/2 inch bowl and cut it out for the base. But then i couldn't find a slightly smaller bowl for the layer piece and tried cutting down the 5-1/2 circle which didn't go very well. So now I'm at least an hour into this and haven't gotten past the base. This is one of those times the Grand Caliber would be very handy! Trudi, what did you use for your circle(s)?

I have an old circle & oval cutter...it's one of the scrapbooking companies...that I "inherited" when a friend moved! It didn't have measurements, so I winged the step measurements. (There are several in the waste basket.)
Trudeenr

I just received the cutest circle card from Trudi for my birthday. Want to see it????? Look at her challenge card for this week.
Stinkin cute !!!!Thank you so very much!!!!
Linda Jo

Linda Jo wrote:I just received the cutest circle card from Trudi for my birthday. Want to see it????? Look at her challenge card for this week.
Stinkin cute !!!!Thank you so very much!!!!

Glad you like it Linda!
Trudeenr

This was a real stinker for me. I looked at a couple of tutorials but I had to change the measurements to make the steps fold correctly with my sized circle. Two attempts hit the trash before I got this figured out. I now have my own templates for this which should make the next one go much faster. Thanks for a true head scratching challenge, Trudi!
Attachments
IMG_2652.jpg
Circle Step
IMG_2652.jpg (112.32 KiB) Viewed 660 times
Ellie

El, your end result is fabulous! Glad you didn't give up.
Elaine
eoconnell

Ellie... your final product is lovely. Glad you got it figured out!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Ellie, you were not the only one who had trouble.I too had one in the trash. I did find a tut that made it easier.
Everyone's cards are so cute. I really liked doing this once I got the hang of it.
Attachments
circle circle.jpeg
circle circle.jpeg (80.79 KiB) Viewed 656 times
Linda Jo

Ellie - I love the soft colors you used!
Linda Jo - what a great sentiment!

I know finding the correct measurements was hard, but well worth the effort!
Trudeenr

Linda Jo, that's so pretty!
Elaine
eoconnell

PreviousNext

Return to "Hump Day" Bump