June 29th...circle step!

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Thing have been sooooooo busy this month that I feel like I have been running around in circle and I need to take a step out to breathe! So this week's challenge is a Circle Step Card. ;) ;) ;) :lol:

P1320280.JPG
P1320280.JPG (40.71 KiB) Viewed 929 times

It's fairly easy to make but there are a lot of tutorials on Youtube and Pinterest, if you need help.

1. Kathy
2. Ellie
3.Linda Jo
4. Kathy
5. Golda
Last edited by Trudeenr on Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:52 am, edited 4 times in total.
Trudeenr

Very cute!!!!
Linda Jo

Oh my gosh Trudi, sooooo cute! Thank you for hosting too!
Elaine
eoconnell

Darling card, Trudi! I have never made one of these. I hope to give it a try after I get home.
Ellie

Love your card AND your explanation for the name of your challenge! Perfecto!
Like Elllie, I have never made a circle step card. So... will spend some time on Pinterest finding a template tonight and then find some time to get around to making one. (heh heh)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Great looking circle step card Trudi.......
terrie

I have to say...I tried this. I didn't have big circle dies, so I traced a 5-1/2 inch bowl and cut it out for the base. But then i couldn't find a slightly smaller bowl for the layer piece and tried cutting down the 5-1/2 circle which didn't go very well. So now I'm at least an hour into this and haven't gotten past the base. This is one of those times the Grand Caliber would be very handy! Trudi, what did you use for your circle(s)?
Elaine
eoconnell

Elaine, I had trouble with the circle base, too. My first one was laughable... as it wouldn't sit up and had a strange, lopsided roll. My second attempt was a little better. Still didn't want to sit straight, so I MADE it behave by squaring one side of the base. Problem solved!
All in all, I think it turned out okay. Is getting put in the mail today, heading to my MIL. She loves dispalying my handmade cards at the Assisted Living Facility where she lives. Bet this will get lots of comments because of the cute little boy (a clip art find).
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Good job Kathy! I like your card and your perseverance! My circle was a little off balance too but was hoping to balance it out with some embellishments on that side.
Elaine
eoconnell

I'm still in Texas but hope to be working on this over the weekend. Has anyone found a template or measurements for this? It looks like you are having trouble with this one.
Ellie

Next

Return to "Hump Day" Bump