June 29th...circle step!

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Linda Jo, your card is so pretty! Glad you gave it a second try.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Ellie and Linda Jo, those are both fantastic cards! So, are either of you going to share your measurements/links for the ones that worked? I just got home and want to try (after doing laundry and cleaning the house, of course), but don't have time for lots of tries. :(
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Here's the problem, Golda: If your circle isn't exactly the size of the circle on the pattern you are following the card doesn't fold properly. I looked at two tutorials that had completely different measurements but neither worked with the circle template I have. What finally worked for me was to cut a circle out of plain computer paper, cut the side slit and then accordian fold the right side of the card in a way that the card would lay flat. After I did that, I measured depths of the folds and wrote the measurements on that paper. That then became the template for my sized circle. I saved it, of course, for future cards. So, what I'm saying is that my measurements won't help you unless your circle is exactly the same size as mine. Beate has good tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers. If you watch it you will get the drift of what you are trying to do and then try my method with the light weight paper first. I hope this makes sense. (Keep a trash can near by :lol: )
Ellie

Sure, be that way! :shock:
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Golda, I found a great template. The crafter noted that the easiest way to replicate it is to clip it to cardstock and mark all the fold lines with a pin prick to make scoring easier. Worked like a breeze!
Actually, I wanted to make a 5 inch base because I have a die for that size circle. Here is the card that I made using the template. Worked perfectly on the first try!
The bees (cut from scrapbook paper) are attached to strip of acetate. It will be buzzing its way to my MIL later this month.

And, here is the site with the template-
http://www.card-making-magic.com/beauti ... n_30398326
(You'll need to scroll down a ways to find the circle side step card. It's an adorable snowman with trees layered on the steps, adding some wonderful depth.)

I'd be happy to email the template that I pasted to Word so that you can adjust the size if desired, too!

Here's another template that I want to try. It is a simpler, one-step, type. And had a photo tutorial.
http://frommycraftroom.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... chive.html
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Kathy - I love the bees flying around! Thank you for finding all the tutorials...
Trudeenr

Oh my gosh Kathy, that is so stinking adorable! It's bee-u-t-ful!
Elaine
eoconnell

What a great card, Kathy! Thanks for the template, too.

I got my base done, yesterday, but didn't have time to work on getting it decorated, yet.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Golda, I'm glad you got a template that works for you. I don't have the Grand sized Spellbinders so that's why I had so much trouble. I use some very old Creative Memories gizmos for cutting larger circles. I'm sorry I wasn't able to help you but I'm glad you didn't have to reinvent the wheel like I did. I can't wait to see your card!
Ellie

What's funny is that I have a Creative Memories Circle and Oval plastic things with 3 colored blades. Probably the same thing, or close. Here's what I came up with:
7-5-16 WCC Circle Step (400x300).jpg
7-5-16 WCC Circle Step (400x300).jpg (100.08 KiB) Viewed 852 times

Now, I'm off to finish dinner. :)
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

PreviousNext

Return to "Hump Day" Bump