July 6- 12: Inspiration photo- Saweet!

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Last month Koren hosted an inspiration challenge with beautiful quilt photos to inspire us. It reminded me how much I love inspirations challenges! I actually have a folder full of photos I’ve collected to inspire creativity when needed, so decided to pull one out and offer another inspiration challenge. Be warned… this one might make you hungry!

Here is the Inspiration Photo-

My card- I used a fun technique for this card. Was a little tedious, but I like the finished product. It’s called a Pop-up Slider. Here is the tutorial that I used- http://mommy-stamper.blogspot.com.au/20 ... -card.html

Image Image

PS- If you’ve never done an inspiration photo challenge before, the goal is to let a photo be your guide and inspiration for creativity to inspire you. So… in this challenge, your inspiration can include cupcakes (I’m kinda fixated on them!), teacups, dainty little flower/rosebuds, the pastel color scheme, etc.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Kathy - what a great challenge! Samantha and I love tea parties...and cupcakes!
Trudeenr

Kathy, your card is fantastic! Mechanical cards are tedious but really have a wow factor and you nailed it. We are expecting a heat index of 105 today so I plan to spend the afternoon in my comfy studio making cards. I already have a seed of an idea for this challenge.
Ellie

Ellie, 105 is nice. We've been over 110 for a while. I'm not sure if we went over 120 yet, or not.

Kathy, that is a fun card! Love your beautiful inspiration photo, as well. Crud, now I'm craving sweets. :(
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Golda, the humidity here is over 70%. That being said, wet or dry heat over 100 degrees is darned hot!
Ellie

Yea but its a DRY HEAT LOL!!!! I hate hot weather!!!! All kidding aside. I love your card!!!What a great challenge I hope to be able to play this week. HUGS.
Linda Jo

Ugh Golda...that's one thing I DON"T miss about living in Phoenix! I was 8 months pregnant when it it the 120 mark!

Ellie...I hope you have air conditioning in your craft area!
Trudeenr

I'm just glad it doesn't get cold, here. I don't think I could stand that. The heat I can deal with. It's not fun when the sunglasses burn the bridge of my nose every time I put them on, but it's not too bad. Good luck with that humidity. Yuck! My hair frizzes up horrendously in 20% humidity, and sometimes lower, too. Hey, if I visited, I could look like I got electrocuted. :lol:

I spent a summer working in Baltimore MD many years ago and everyone kept telling me I wouldn't be able to handle it because of the humidity. I have to say, frizzy hair and all, I loved the cooler weather. I worked as a lifeguard at Johns Hopkins, so I was outside all day every day.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Kathy, I love the inspiration photo and absolutely adore your tea cup card! It's a stunner! Thank you for hosting!
Elaine
eoconnell

Elaine sent me this cupcake die for winning her challenge recently. When I saw the inspiration photo I instantly thought of the die. The inside of the card says Be a three cupcake kind of day! Thanks for the die, Elaine, I love it!

Kathy, this is a great inspiration challenge. It brings shabby chic to my mind so I may have to make another card. Thanks for getting the creative juices flowing!
Attachments
IMG_2659.jpg
Saweet
IMG_2659.jpg (147.29 KiB) Viewed 866 times
Ellie

Next

Return to "Hump Day" Bump