July 20-26: Encourage Someone New

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Your challenge this week is to encourage someone you don't normally encourage. You can make a card for them, or just do something out of the blue to encourage them.

Our church has been given a school, in the area, to help, however the school chooses. The first thing we are doing is making cards for each person that works there. I'm not allowed to write in the cards I made, but here are the 24 cards I made for this endeavor. The people that have been asked to write in them get them next week, then they get to the school employees on their first day back to school.

7-20-16 WCC Encourage Sets (400x365).jpg
7-20-16 WCC Encourage Sets (400x365).jpg (145.79 KiB) Viewed 1226 times

I know this is a strange challenge, as you don't HAVE to use paper to do it, but it is so very important to encourage those around us. Take a bit to find someone new to encourage.

Have a great week! I can't wait to see or hear what you did.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

The yellow "thank you" is on each of the cards. You can see it in person, just not in the picture, apparently. :?
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

What a wonderful challenge Golda!
Trudeenr

I love this idea! Thanks for the nudge, Golda. And your Thank You cards are wonderfully bright and cheery.
Last edited by MrsAsperin-Kathy on Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Thank you for hosting this week Golda. Great challenge and I know exactly what I need to do for this challenge. And good news, I finished my cabinets and tomorrow the wall color is going on and I will be DONE!!! The cabinets look fantastic and I can actually say I like my kitchen now (other than the ugly floor but that's another project).
Elaine
eoconnell

eoconnell wrote:Thank you for hosting this week Golda. Great challenge and I know exactly what I need to do for this challenge. And good news, I finished my cabinets and tomorrow the wall color is going on and I will be DONE!!! The cabinets look fantastic and I can actually say I like my kitchen now (other than the ugly floor but that's another project).

I'm happy for you, Elaine. I would love to see a photo of the kitchen when you finish painting. It's great to have things the way you want them to be.
Ellie

Ellie wrote:
eoconnell wrote:Thank you for hosting this week Golda. Great challenge and I know exactly what I need to do for this challenge. And good news, I finished my cabinets and tomorrow the wall color is going on and I will be DONE!!! The cabinets look fantastic and I can actually say I like my kitchen now (other than the ugly floor but that's another project).

I'm happy for you, Elaine. I would love to see a photo of the kitchen when you finish painting. It's great to have things the way you want them to be.

I'll post a finished photo in the conversation thread.

Here is my encouragement card. My neighbor had surgery a few weeks ago and they found cancer in her bladder. When they did the lab work, they found it was a rare kind and she had to have a second surgery, which is today. I would say she needs some encouragement!

Elaine
eoconnell

Most definitely. She will certainly be encouraged by your cute card! Love the rain boot paper, behind the adorable little girl.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Great card Elaine! I love the rainy day theme.
Trudeenr

I'm finally at a stage in my door rehab project that I can work on some cards...I hate waiting on polyurethane to dry!

This is a "snail mail" flip book that I'm going to sneak into Alexandria's luggage so she will find it when she gets to Guatemala. Just a little something from home.

P1320530.JPG
P1320530.JPG (29.23 KiB) Viewed 1175 times
P1320529.JPG
P1320529.JPG (28 KiB) Viewed 1175 times

PS...have you heard of "Snail Mail"? It's similar to Pocket Letters and there is a revolution to get people to "write and mail" more! I guess there are FB and Instagram pages dedicated to this!
Trudeenr

Next

Return to "Hump Day" Bump