Show Some Character August 3

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Linda Jo, Love your Sesame gang they are fantastic.....well done on the bright colors

I had one daughter who loved Sesame Street and had another one who only loved Mr Rogers....
Last edited by terrie on Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
terrie

Linda Jo, adorable Sesame Street card. Iconic!

Terrie, love your Hello Kitty card!
Elaine
eoconnell

Terrie, your Hello Kitty card is so sweet! I love it!
Ellie

Ellie, such a cute minion.
Linda Jo, your sweet Sesame Street card is sure to be loved.
And Terrie, love your Hello Kitty card.
I found my inspiration on Pinterest. Took some time to create this card, but I like the result.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

The wings are just beautiful, Kathy! What kind of fold is that? The time you spent was well worth it; this is a gorgeous card!
Ellie

Kathy, your Tinkerbelle is beautiful! Her wings are stunning!
Elaine
eoconnell

That really is beautiful, Kathy! You're going to have to share how you did it, both fold and Tink.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Golda wrote:That really is beautiful, Kathy! You're going to have to share how you did it, both fold and Tink.

Thanks! I found the fold on Pinterest, too. But no dimensions were included so I developed the card to fit within the size of my Tink image. I should have made the folds a little deeper because it isn't very stable when standing.

Here is the Pinterest link (https://www.pinterest.com/pin/82894449370665176/) and the site with the original card (http://debbiesdesignsblog.blogspot.com/ ... -fold.html)
On that blog, one commenter left the following instructions... with measurements: The dimensions I used are: CS 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" base; score at 2", 3 1/8", 5 7/8" and 6 1/2". Then valley/mountain those scores. DSP: 2 pcs 1 3/4" x 5 1/4" for the two outer panels and 1 pc 2" x 5 1/4" for the center panel. If you want to put DSP on the 1 1/8" panels, they would be 7/8" x 5 1/4" (all DSP panels leave a 1/8" border. Top square piece is 4" x 4" embellished as you wish. When folded closed, your card will be approx. 4 x 5 1/2 = will fit a A2 envelope. I can't remember where I found the instructions, but on YouTube there's a video by "cardcrazy09" titled New Card Fold - Tuesdays with Expression.
I am going to try making another one following these directions and see if it stands better! Since my MIL likes displaying cards outside of her room in Assisted Living, am thinking she will like one of these free standing cards. Possibly even Tink!

The Tink card I found on Pinterest is here http://www.porchswingcreations.com/2013 ... -dust.html
To make the wings, I found the photo that the blogger mentioned (Secret of the Wings movie poster here https://drnorth.wordpress.com/2011/12/2 ... the-wings/). Copied to poster image into word. Reduced/cropped it to card size, then traced the wings onto vellum with a white gel pen, smudging the ink occasionally. When finished, cut them out and covered the white ink side with sparkly clear sticky paper (which I've had for over 10 years!) I think that you could also use clear packing tape dusted with a wee bit 'o glitter!) After attaching the clear covering, trip to size.
I also traced around Tinks image, so that the sizing was appropriate for the wings, then paper pieced the body, leaf dress, and hair. Using white gel pen and watercolor pencils to color in the hair.
As I said, time consuming because it was tedius, but so very worth it!
Last edited by MrsAsperin-Kathy on Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Kathy, your Tinkerbell card is adorable...well done on her wings
Thanks for sharing on the fold card......
terrie

Kathy, your Tinkerbell is gorgeous! The wings are so sparkly and perfect!

My husband's birthday is the 9th and his favorite book to read to the kids was Where The Wild Things Are...when I saw this stamp set I knew I had to have it for his card. (I did add google eyes after I took the picture...it needed them!)

P1320538.JPG
P1320538.JPG (38.18 KiB) Viewed 639 times
Trudeenr

PreviousNext

Return to "Hump Day" Bump