Show Some Character August 3

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Adorable cards everyone!!!!
Linda Jo

Trudi, what an unusual yet perfect card for a husband. Bet he'll love it!!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Trudi, that is wonderful! I totally understand about getting a stamp set because you know it will be perfect for one, or oh so many, cards for a specific person. I don't think I've ever read that book.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Trudi, I love your monster card! He's not scary at all but don't tell him I said so. Your husband will love his card.

That is a fun book. My son's favorite book had a monster too. The book was "Harry and the Terrible Whatzit". I must have read that book over a hundred times but I didn't mind because I liked it too. On the surface it was about a monster living in Harry's basement but the real story line was about facing your fears. When you face them bravely, they get smaller and smaller until they go away. I still have the book 40 years later.
Ellie

Ellie wrote:Trudi, I love your monster card! He's not scary at all but don't tell him I said so. Your husband will love his card.

That is a fun book. My son's favorite book had a monster too. The book was "Harry and the Terrible Whatzit". I must have read that book over a hundred times but I didn't mind because I liked it too. On the surface it was about a monster living in Harry's basement but the real story line was about facing your fears. When you face them bravely, they get smaller and smaller until they go away. I still have the book 40 years later.

Ellie, I used to read that book to my 3rd grade students back in the 80's. It was one of their favorites and mine, too! (Right up there with "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No-good, Very Bad Day")
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Love your monster card Trudi! Bet he looks even cuter with googly eyes!
Elaine
eoconnell

Cute card Trudi...googly eyes are always a great way to add something to a card
terrie

Okay, I printed out and fussy cut all the pieces, then realized they are copyrighted and I couldn't use them. So, I made my interpretation of it.
8-5-16 WCC Character (299x400).jpg
8-5-16 WCC Character (299x400).jpg (83.94 KiB) Viewed 977 times

Mike Wazowski (sp?) was the closest I figured I could do, with a background of Sully.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Golda, your Monsters, Inc. card is amazing! And, I think that you can use such images as long as you don't sell them. However, maybe that is just wishful thinking on my part because I often fussy cut images from cards and reuse them. Would hate to think that is an illegal action... because I've done it lots!
Last edited by MrsAsperin-Kathy on Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Golda, I love your Mike card! I adore Monsters Inc! I think Kathy is right on the copyright issue, but then again, I'm not a Patent Attorney either. Regardless, he turned out great!
Elaine
eoconnell

PreviousNext

Return to "Hump Day" Bump