Stamp Challenge- Aug 17-23: Attention to detail!

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

(Am posting early because I have a meeting at o'dark hundred hours tomorrow AM!)
A while ago I was cutting a strip from cupcake scrapbook paper, and hated to throw away a small piece that contained a perfect little cupcake. (You know how I hate to let things go to waste. Real cupcakes, or paper cupcakes… doesn’t matter!)
Cut the little cutie out and added it as a focal point embellishment to my card (which I think I entered into a challenge at the time.) Here is my card-
Imagepicture share

This got my little grey cells jumping and I decided to see if I could pull details from other papers, or even stamped images, to embellish cards. After a little bit of perusing my stamps and even some cards that were half finished, I came up with a few more samples. Was kind of fun. So… thought I’d challenge you to try this creative twist. Just identify a single element from a stamped image, patterned paper, or even a photo, and find a way to add it to your card as an embellishment. Have fun!
Here are my other cards to help inspire you-
ImageimgurlImageadult imageImagehow to screenshot on windows
Last edited by MrsAsperin-Kathy on Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Oh, what a fun one, Kathy!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Very cute cupcake card (and others) Kathy! Thanks for hosting!
Elaine
eoconnell

This is a card I made for the Progressive Freebie Challenge on The Outlawz. The free image, titled "August", is by Andrea Norris of Sheepski Designs. I fussy the little roses in the corners of the frame from the background paper. I had to crack out the tweezers for one of them because it was so small and delicate. Thanks for this challenge, Kathy.
Attachments
IMG_2827.jpg
IMG_2827.jpg (154.36 KiB) Viewed 1563 times
Ellie

Very nice Ellie....some of those roses are small.......well done
terrie

Great job, Ellie!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Wow El, that's quite a card! Terrific job!
Elaine
eoconnell

My "details" are much bigger. Had fun with this one, though.
8-19-16 WCC Details (296x400).jpg
8-19-16 WCC Details (296x400).jpg (116.91 KiB) Viewed 1545 times

Both the banner at the bottom and the license plate at the top right are from papers that go with this. The motorcycle was a sticker that went with the papers, too. (This is all from the papers a friend gave me a while back. Every time I'm looking for something, I find something else I just love. So glad she was cleaning out her stuff and gave a bunch to me!!!!!)
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Great manly card Golda! How nice of your friend to gift you with such fun stuff!
Elaine
eoconnell

Great card, Golda! It's very masculine and has a nice graphic style.
Ellie

Next

Return to "Hump Day" Bump