Sept 7-13: Color Challenge with a Twist

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Your challenge is to make a card using only, but all of, the following 4 colors: Black, Orange, Purple and Green. You can use any shade of orange, purple and green. However, the twist is that it CANNOT be a Halloween card. :shock:

You can definitely do it. Remember, just those 4 colors, but any shades of the orange, purple and green. Here's my example:
9-7-16 WCC Color Challenge (400x295).jpg
9-7-16 WCC Color Challenge (400x295).jpg (136.85 KiB) Viewed 1313 times

Can't wait to see what fun you all come up with. :) Black does not have to be your base card color it was just what I thought of for this one.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Beautiful card Golda! Fun idea, I'm in!
Elaine
eoconnell

great looking example Golda......
need to put my crafty hat on for the color combo....lol
terrie

Oh... this IS a challenge. How quickly my mind went to Halloween cards!
Your sample is great. I'll try and see if I can develop anything that I'm willing to share!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Kathy, just share, no matter what you think. You know you'll get encouragement, here.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

The colors don't show up very well... but the card has three shades of green- hunter green background, sage green vellum and light green hello. The center block of color below the hello is black. Was a challenge but was also fun. Thanks Golda!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

It is wonderful, Kathy! I love how the bright hello and your beautiful butterflies just pop on the black background. Those are gorgeous butterflies. Did you fussy cut them, or is that a die set? If you fussy cut all those little holes in the center, I think I'm going to cry in amazement at your dexterous cutting giftedness.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Kathy, beautiful card.....love your bright colors.....well done
terrie

Kathy, that turned out so well! The butterflies & "hello" pop off the background.
Elaine
eoconnell

Based on a Halloween card I saw on Pintrest that I thought I could work with....
Elaine
eoconnell

Next

Return to "Hump Day" Bump