"Alec - I'll take Sports for $200"

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Good morning and happy hump day! All of us have a favorite sports team or we know someone who is a sport enthusiast. My hump day challenge for you this week is to create a card using the colors or image of your favorite sports team (or someone you know's favorite sports team). I created a Seahawks themed card by importing the logo into the Silhouette, drew circles and then to make sure I had the correct colors I used the color dauber in the software and took the blue and the green colors from the logo and 'painted' the circles with those colors. I then did a print and cut, where I sent the logo and the circles through my color printer, moved it to the Silhouette where it cut out for me. I glued the circles on white cardstock and then ran it through an embosser using a circle folder, placed the logo on top with pop dots and I now have a Seahawks original greeting card!
A sports team card is always a good choice to send to someone who is just wild about sports so I hope you give this a try.
Barry
Prince of Paper

Very cool Barry!!!
Linda Jo

Nice job on your Seahawks card Barry. Seahawks by far have the best color combo in my opinion. Thank you for hosting too.
Elaine
eoconnell

Great card, Barry! I have learned a lot about football since the time I referred to helmets as hats. LOL However, I admit I still favor teams with uniforms that appeal to me. The Seahawks are my favorite; I love their uniforms! Of course, I always cheer for the Chiefs when we play but if I'm watching Seattle play someone else I cheer for them. This should be a fun challenge.
Ellie

What a fabulous card, Barry! Hmmm, I've never tried color daubing on the Silhouette. I really need to sit down and go through some tutorials for different things and actually start using mine for more and more things. The Seahawks do have a great color combination.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Great card Barry and a fun challenge....
I have my team, I'm in the process of putting it together.....
terrie

I've been a Montreal canadiens hockey fan for over 40 years....
This team has won over 23 Stanley Cup...the CH on their jersey is for Canadien Hockey...duh
They also go by "Habs" which some people say is stands for "habitants"...
Another fact about my hockey time is I do not cheer for the Boston Bruin (no way Jose)
Attachments
20160914_152412.jpg
20160914_152412.jpg (32.31 KiB) Viewed 1330 times
terrie

Sorry, Terrie, we are St Louis Blues fans all the way! Your card is perfect though. Great depiction of the Stanley Cup.

Ok, Barry, here is my Chiefs card. Go Chiefs!!! Thanks for making me use my noodle. I have no sports papers and no Silhouette so I had to be creative.
Attachments
IMG_2885.jpg
IMG_2885.jpg (100.2 KiB) Viewed 1330 times
Ellie

Terrie, that is a fantastic Stanley Cup! What a fun card for another hockey fan.

Ellie, fantastic job on your card! Love how you did the stripes on the side and those feathers are great.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Ellie, your card is awesome...love the bright colors....well done

I also like the St Louis Blues Hockey team....
terrie

Next

Return to "Hump Day" Bump