Stamp Challenge- Oct 12: Top it with ink

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

I have an out-of-town meeting early tomorrow AM so am posting this evening. Hope that is okay!

I’ve always liked the look of an image stamped atop a sheet of music, dictionary or book page, map, etc.
If you haven’t ever tried this simple technique, now is your chance! I have a few sample cards to share. The watch image was stamped on vellum and then placed atop a dictionary page.
An added note- you can also stamp directly on patterned scrapbook paper. I used dotted swiss paper for one of my sample cards to create an interesting look. Haven’t put a greeting on it yet, but am thinking it will be a Thanksgiving card. The leaf stamp behind the pumpkin was from an old (as in late 90s?) SU set call decorative grapes.

Image008 (312x400) by Kathy Asper, on Flickr

Image002 by Kathy Asper, on Flickr

ImageImage
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Awesome cards Kathy! Thank you for hosting!
Elaine
eoconnell

What a fun technique, Kathy! I'm looking forward to, as well as kind of scared of, trying this. Now, to get to work, so I can eventually get home and hopefully get some crafting done. :) Love your pretty examples.
Last edited by Golda on Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Kathy very cute cards and great challenge.
Linda Jo

That was fun! I tried a variety of things. I really like the embossed snowflakes and will definitely make more of those.

Elaine
eoconnell

Elaine, those are all lovely!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Elaine, Golda is right... your cards are lovely! You noted that the snowflakes are embossed. Do they also have a bit of bling in the center? Because, you can never have too much bling!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Kathy, your cards turned out really nice with this technique...thanks for the challenge

Elaine, what wonderful cards you made for this challenge.

well done ladies
terrie

Golda wrote:What a fun technique, Kathy! I'm looking forward to, as well as kind of scared of, trying this. Now, to get to work, so I can eventually get home and hopefully get some crafting done. :) Love your pretty examples.

Golda, I found a site with Christmas music sheets that you might enjoy. And, if you have a few oopses... you don't have to worry. Just print off a few more! (I'll be you have some great Nativity or related stamps that you could use on them?)
Here is the link- http://www.lovelyetc.com/wp-content/upl ... tables.pdf
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Thanks for the link, Kathy! I'm looking forward to trying this.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Next

Return to "Hump Day" Bump