Cup of Cheer 11/30 to 12/6

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

It's getting chilly, so let's pour a cup of something warm and share some goodies. Oh, wait...you need a cup! I've made 2 examples...the candy cane striped one is made using the envelope punch board (or you could use the treat box punch board) and the plain red one I made with just my handy scissors.

P1330509.JPG
P1330509.JPG (33.35 KiB) Viewed 1216 times

They are nice and simple to make...making them the perfect gift to hand out to your office mates, class mates, and teachers! I can't wait to see how you decorate your cups!

Here are 2 videos to get you started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Sl2gQ2TWBw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvAQ_yuXE10
Trudeenr

Those are darling Trudi!!! I can't wait to try it.
Linda Jo

Trudi, so cute! Thanks for hosting!
Elaine
eoconnell

Very cute Trudi!!!
Jane
Jane from Utah

What a fun challenge! Your cups of cheer are wonderful, Trudi. I hadn't realized they were made of paper until I read the whole post.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Trudi, these are adorable. And the video tuts make them look do-able. Thanks for sharing!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

I just remembered a pop-up cup template that I had found and thought about using as a challenge because it was so cute. However, I soon learned that making the cute puppy was not an easy task! Took me about an hour to prefect the cup, so set it aside because I was so frustrated. This challenge made me find the forlorn little cup and use it to finish a card. Not sure who will receive this gem... but will need to be someone that appreciates tedious items! (My hubby liked it. But also noted that it will require additional postage to mail. He is so frugal at heart!)

I made the coffee bean stamp with rubber that was cut from an old SU stamp set. (The piece that the stamped images are nestled into in their little plastic cases.) Hope they look like coffee beans to you. Kinda look like chocolatey lips to me. Hmmmm... now I am craving chocolate! Gotta go!)

Imageupload gifs Imagefree photo upload Imageimages upload

In case any of you want to try your hand at making one of these cards, here is the tutorial.
http://www.extremepapercrafting.com/201 ... orial.html
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Chocolate lips, coffee beans, steaming cups of coffee...it's all good! Your card turned out really cute even if it was a bugger to make.
Elaine
eoconnell

I plan on putting hot chocolate in the cup for Christmas present.
Attachments
cup.jpg
cup.jpg (66.62 KiB) Viewed 1179 times
Linda Jo

They do look like coffee beans. Your card and cup are amazing, Kathy! Definitely do not want to go to all that work, however.

Linda Jo, that is great! Perfect to give with hot chocolate in it, too.

Here's my punch board try. My scoreboard is the opposite way, so my cup wound up being backwards. Oops! It seems to have come out all right in the end, just had to do most things backwards. I didn't get it all right, but it is what it is.

12-3-16 WCC Cup (353x400).jpg
12-3-16 WCC Cup (353x400).jpg (104.88 KiB) Viewed 1179 times
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Next

Return to "Hump Day" Bump