So Distressed! Jan 11

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

I realize that most of you do not make shabby chic cards ; that's why I am throwing out this challenge. Make a card, tag or bookmark that is distressed in some way. My card has distress ink on all of the edges and on the doily. I used a distressing tool to rough up the edges of some of the papers and then curled two of the corners. Think of it as trying to get a new pair of jeans to look soft and comfortable. I know you can do it!
Attachments
IMG_3600.jpg
So Distressed Challenge
IMG_3600.jpg (189.62 KiB) Viewed 853 times
Ellie

That is a beautiful card. I will try, but this is definitely a challenging challenge.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Beautiful card, Ellie. But... I agree with Golda. This will be a challenge. That said, I found some of that Core'dinations Cardstock when I was organizing the other day. It came with a little distressing tool. So... will see if I can make it work!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Beautiful card Ellie! I too struggle with shabby chic but I do love the look so I'm willing to give it a go!
Elaine
eoconnell

Love it Ellie and I love shabby!!!
Jane
Jane from Utah

You can do it ladies!!!! Think of it as a very old piece of furniture. Distress all of your papers and have fun making it look old and shabby.
Linda Jo

Oh boy, what a challenge....your card is very nice Ellie......
terrie

We've been getting dumped with snow and ice again. So... have the morning off! The result? I'm not distressed... I'm distressing! Found this wonderful sentiment as a free download. Sponged distressing ink around it, then used a distressing tool on all edges. The final touch was adding tiny pearls to add berries to the simple foliage. (Thanks for the challenge, Ellie. It was fun!)

Imageimage upload no compression

Here is the link to the free downloads. This image is just one of the tags in the download of vintage gems!
http://www.kellimurray.com/wp-content/u ... s_2013.pdf
Last edited by MrsAsperin-Kathy on Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Here is mine...it took all morning to do cause I changed my mind so often so now I'm really distress...
I hope this is what my card is showing....I used black ink to distress all my edges...
The background is jean paper that my grand daughter Savanah gave me for my birthday...
Thanks Ellie for this challenge.
Attachments
20170111_115206.jpg
20170111_115206.jpg (80.17 KiB) Viewed 831 times
terrie

Kathy, you did a great job on this! I'm glad you're not distressed. Love the sentiment and the fabric trim. Done like a professional! Thanks for the link. I will go check it out.

Terrie, what a fun card! Savannah will be proud of the great way you used the paper. It would be a great card for a teen or tween. Nice work!
Ellie

Next

Return to "Hump Day" Bump