So Distressed! Jan 11

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Oh, I really like that Golda!
Elaine
eoconnell

Linda Jo, your card is so delicate and lovely!
Elaine, how fun that you tried to channel your inner Jane! I do like the colors on your card and the muted tones. Maybe stamp a sentiment on vellum, or on a piece of ribbon and thread it across the card and through the little doily dollops? (Would be like Jane's technique of threading the arrow through the die-cut love. Just a suggestion!)
Golda, how fun that you added a bit of bling to your card. And... is the little sentiment on vellum? Looks almost transparent.
Last edited by MrsAsperin-Kathy on Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Linda Jo that is so elegant and shabby vintage looking. Love it!
Elaine, that is very pretty and it is indeed shabby chic!
Golda, this is such a sweet shabby card! Love all the sequins!

Thanks for all the nice comments on my card everyone. I have really missed making cards.
Jane
Jane from Utah

You all have been busy! I have been buried in making Valentines for my cousin. She is my only paying customer.

Linda Jo...pitty!! You made my favorite kind of flowers. I love the papers and the doily and well, everything!
Elaine, I know this was hard for you but you did a great job. Like you, I ask myself WWJD? What would Jane do? Your cards are very nice as they are. Great job of stepping out of your comfort zone!
Golda, your card is much disstressed and it turned out nicely and very girly. Good work!
Ellie

Linda Jo, great looking card...love the flowers
Elaine, your card turned out really nice...love the soft touch
Golda, nice card...I like the paper that you used...did your stamp the flowers?

well done ladies
terrie

I stamped the flowers and sentiment on the paper, which is a really thin, fairly see through paper. Not sure what kind it is, just have a box with a bunch of it and thought it would be fun to use. It did make the stamping look really soft and slightly fuzzy around the edges. I adhered it with a drop of glue behind the sequins, so the adhesive wouldn't show.

Thanks for all the nice comments.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Everyone did a beautiful job!!!!!
Linda Jo

Previous

Return to "Hump Day" Bump