Recipe...Jan 18th to 24th

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Linda Jo, your card is gorgeous!
(Also, as you listed the recipe items included in your card I realized that I didn't include embossing or a decorative border on mine. Oops. I'm not very good at following recipes when I cook either!)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Kathy, your card is striking. Love that leaf over the top.

Linda Jo, that is gorgeous!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

MrsAsperin-Kathy wrote:Linda Jo, your card is gorgeous!
(Also, as you listed the recipe items included in your card I realized that I didn't include embossing or a decorative border on mine. Oops. I'm not very good at following recipes when I cook either!)

That's okay Kathy - when I cook I use the recipe as only a guide!
Trudeenr

1-19-17 WCC Recipe 1 (400x392).jpg
1-19-17 WCC Recipe 1 (400x392).jpg (151.01 KiB) Viewed 825 times

For my first one, I used heat embossing. Let me tell you, I was sure the teal and gold would be perfect together, but I don't tend to use "gold", so had a difficult time finding a gold embellishment.

1-22-17 WCC Recipe 2 (400x389).jpg
1-22-17 WCC Recipe 2 (400x389).jpg (154.83 KiB) Viewed 825 times

This one used pressure embossing. I saw that neon orange glitter and had to use that with black. However, what looked like neon orange card, wasn't quite neon, so they are slightly different shades, but really look closer in person than the picture. I did have 2 neon orange embellishments to use but went with the music theme.

This was a fun, but difficult challenge. I had a couple more ideas, but no time to do them.

And yes, using gold glitter, gold glitter embossing powder, then the orange glitter, I have glitter EVERYWHERE! There is a strip of gold glitter inside the teal card, so when it is closed you see it through the heart border.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Golda - both cards are great, but my favorite is you music card! Thanks for participating!
Trudeenr

Both cards are super, Golda! I love the music embossing.
Ellie

Very cute cards Golda.
Linda Jo

Golda, you've been busy!
I love the sentiment on the music card. And bet it is really bright in person. Will be sure to brighten someones day. (While you have the orange paper out, you can start on Jane's challenge for the week, too!)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Very nice cards Golda! I'm kind of partial to the feathers!
Elaine
eoconnell

I think the feather/teal one is better in person, though neither picture turned out great.

Kathy, As soon as I'm done cutting the piece, I put away the paper. If I put things away, I always know where they are, plus, it gives me a nicer area to work in. However, I did pull out some papers and a stamp this morning, before leaving for work. Looking at papers, of course, took too long, so I wasn't as early as I like to be.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

PreviousNext

Return to "Hump Day" Bump