Follow the leader - Feb 1 - Feb 7

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Good morning everyone! I have a simple but hopefully fun and challenging card for you to create this week. It is a simple sketch challenge. You can use the sketch as it is or turn it on its side or even upside down. So as the sketch as your guide (or leader) make a card and post your art by Tuesday Feb 7. (Can you believe it is already February?) Have fun everyone!

Here is the sketch:

and then my take on the sketch:
Barry
Prince of Paper

Barry, what a great sketch. And your card is wonderful. I especially like the addition of the gnome ribbon. How cute is THAT?!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Barry, it's no shock that I love a sketch! Your card is outstanding and who doesn't love a gnome??? I think I'm finally caught up for a few days so maybe I can actually play!
Elaine
eoconnell

Cool card Barry!!!!
Linda Jo

Barry, I love all the gnomes on your card! What a great card and a fun sketch. This one is going to take some thinking.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

I didnt have to go to work until noon,so instead of being constructive I made a card.
Attachments
gold.jpg
gold.jpg (74.45 KiB) Viewed 967 times
Linda Jo

MrsAsperin-Kathy wrote:Barry, what a great sketch. And your card is wonderful. I especially like the addition of the gnome ribbon. How cute is THAT?!

Kathy, funny you should comment on the gnome ribbon, which is actually the little piece that is usually cut from a 12x12 piece of pattern paper that includes the bar codes, I just couldn't part with it and actually it was my inspiration to build the card for the challenge. I just had to use that little cut away piece and hence the design of the card.
Barry
Prince of Paper

Linda Jo nice for you that you didn't have to go into work until noon! I am at my job right now (shhhhh, don't tell anyone that I am commenting on this site). I love your card and the colors! Thank you for spending your morning working on my hump day bump challenge.
Barry
Prince of Paper

Linda Jo, lovely card! I see we had the same idea with the flags - great minds think alike!

Here's mine:

photo hosting

By the way Barry, I used the postimage site to download the photo and it worked great. If you haven't tried it yet, do.
Elaine
eoconnell

Thanks Barry.
Elaine what a beautiful card. Love your shading on the flower.
Linda Jo

Next

Return to "Hump Day" Bump