Follow the leader - Feb 1 - Feb 7

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Prince of Paper wrote:
MrsAsperin-Kathy wrote:Barry, what a great sketch. And your card is wonderful. I especially like the addition of the gnome ribbon. How cute is THAT?!

Kathy, funny you should comment on the gnome ribbon, which is actually the little piece that is usually cut from a 12x12 piece of pattern paper that includes the bar codes, I just couldn't part with it and actually it was my inspiration to build the card for the challenge. I just had to use that little cut away piece and hence the design of the card.

:P Ahhh... you upcycled! I love it even more!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

I've wanted to use this saying for a long time... so was fun to finally figure a way to do that!
The inside of this graduation card reads, “You're off to Great Places! TODAY is your day! Your mountain is waiting, So... get on your way!” Congratulations
Imageupload pic
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Linda, that turned out just lovely! See, I told you those papers are pretty and they make a card quickly. Well done!
Elaine, I love that poppy image and your coloring is perfect. Makes a very pretty card!
Kathy, I hated reading Dr. Seuss to my kids even though the books are charming. I especially liked this one. The scooter and arrows perfectly illustrate the verse.

I don't know what possessed me but I got out this OLD October Afternoon Farm Girl paper. I haven't used it in forever and I had a ball playing with this. The inside says, "Wishing you a 24 karat birthday". It is now acceptable to groan... :roll: :lol:
Thanks for a fun challenge, Barry!
Attachments
IMG_3662.jpg
IMG_3662.jpg (146.43 KiB) Viewed 548 times
Ellie

Elaine, that poppy just pops right off of the card! Lovely. (and am glad that postimage worked for you!)
Ellie, what fun paper! And how creative that one of your "tabs" is string. Perfect!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Ellie, your vintage inspired paper looks great with the vintage image. Cute, cute!
Elaine
eoconnell

eoconnell wrote:Linda Jo, lovely card! I see we had the same idea with the flags - great minds think alike!

Here's mine:

photo hosting

By the way Barry, I used the postimage site to download the photo and it worked great. If you haven't tried it yet, do.

Elaine, thank you as I will try this site for my Monday challenge as it took over 20 minutes this morning to download and resize my images for this challenge. BTW, I really like your card and those poppies are wonderful! You did great!
Barry
Prince of Paper

MrsAsperin-Kathy wrote:I've wanted to use this saying for a long time... so was fun to finally figure a way to do that!
The inside of this graduation card reads, “You're off to Great Places! TODAY is your day! Your mountain is waiting, So... get on your way!” Congratulations
Imageupload pic

Kathy, this is just tooo cute! I adore your tuft of cotton for the exhaust from the scooter! Well done. Did you color the scooter? I love the colors.
Barry
Prince of Paper

Ellie,I like your farm girl image and paper colors however your sentiment is very groan worthy :D
Thanks for playing along today.
Barry
Prince of Paper

Barry that card is awesome. I collect Gnomes just so you know.
“The time spent on family is not a sacrifice. You are living a life with choices; when you make the right ones, you have a good life.”

Jeanette (Nick, MIA, Elphaba & Jax Mom)
jeanettegraves

Linda Jo, that is a really pretty card. You were quick getting it done, too.
Elaine, what beautiful red flowers.
Kathy, I love your card. Great way to use the saying, then carry it on, in your own words, inside. You're such a poet!
Ellie, that is an interesting image. What a fun, vintage looking card.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

PreviousNext

Return to "Hump Day" Bump