Watercolor Lifting

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Golda wrote:Ellie, that is gorgeous! Thanks for trying this. Do you think it's something you'll try again?

I probably will, Golda, when I'm in the mood to experiment. I do not like the other piece I made. I used Distress Markers and they did not bleed and blend as well as the watercolors. I randomly stamped it with butterflies that were too spread out. i learned a lot through my failure. I don't like all of the waiting for the paper to dry twice but otherwise, it's a good technique.
Ellie

I did the first part, then just left it while I went to the dentist, came back and did the next part. Though I generally have so much going, letting it sit while I do other stuff wasn't a problem.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Ellie, that turned out beautifully! I like that you didn't overdecorate it and really let it make a statement.
Elaine
eoconnell

Well done Ellie bright and vibrant colors.....
terrie

I don't have any clear or any embossing powder but I di do the watercolor background and punched out butterflies instead.
I let the watercolors run into each other and then walked away...they did dry a bit lighter....Here it is
Attachments
20170323_115840.jpg
20170323_115840.jpg (35.94 KiB) Viewed 1067 times
terrie

Good job with those watercolors, Terrie. It's a lovely, soft effect!
Ellie

I like it Terrie! I especially like that you didn't let the lack of supplies stop you from playing!
Elaine
eoconnell

Terrie, I love it and I'm so glad you played, even if you didn't have what was called for. You used your imagination and came up with an amazing way to do it, anyway. I love the softness of the watercolors and how you did the border at the bottom shows off the beautiful colors against the dark blue. You need a sign, "Fantastic Genius at work!"
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

I tried using my watercolor crayons...next time I won't color directly onto the paper with the crayon as it left "chunks" and made it hard to get a "soft" finish. I lifted the color 3 different times (and waited for it to dry) to get the softer look I wanted.

P1330946.JPG
P1330946.JPG (24.86 KiB) Viewed 1051 times

Sorry the picture is blurry...someone left a fingerprint on the camera lens.
Trudeenr

Terrie and Trudi, your cards are so different but both so pretty.
Terrie, love the soft, fluttery feeling of your card. (Great play on words, doncha think?!)
And Trudi, the bright shout of color from those feathers makes me smile. So fun!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

PreviousNext

Return to "Hump Day" Bump