May 24-30: For the kiddos!

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

I love making cards for kiddos, especially “just because” cards to encourage and cheer them. This free digi image from Whimsie Doodles worked perfectly for back to school cards. (I’ll just need to remember that I have them when the next school year starts!)

I found a spiral bound school notebook filled with black paper at the local Goodwill and used it to provide a fun background. (Might actually use a sheet or two with gel pens sometime... as it was intended!)

My challenge for you is to create a card for a child or teen. Any occasion, any reason. Have fun!

Last edited by MrsAsperin-Kathy on Sat May 27, 2017 11:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Oh, that little girl/fairy is so cute! Love the sparkly wings. What a great card, Kathy! I'll have to see if I can come up with an idea for this.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

It's always fun to make stuff for "just because".
Trudeenr

Super cute Kathy! Hope to sit still long enough this week to play.
Elaine
eoconnell

Kathy, that is darling!!!!
Linda Jo

Here's mine:
5-24-17 WCC Kiddo (320x400).jpg
5-24-17 WCC Kiddo (320x400).jpg (114.84 KiB) Viewed 1099 times

Let me tell you, tulle for the shaker, rather than acetate, is a dream! Love how it shakes so freely. You can't use glitter in the shaker, but the holes are so small the sequins, etc. are fine.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Golda, that is adorable!

My granddaughter is crazy for cats and is going into middle school so this will be her "graduation" card.
Imagehost image

I had some technical difficulties so had to improvise. I planned on having the heads interlock to close the card but they were just too big to be able to do that so Plan B was to create a band to keep it closed.
Elaine
eoconnell

Elaine, that is fantastic! And hey, with a band to close, it might look like a large collar they could all fit into. :D I love the eyes.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Golda, I love your card! The image is darling and the tulle shaker looks great. I would think there would be no static issues with tulle. Great job!

Elaine, your card is almost enough to turn me into a cat person. That is stinkin' cute!
Ellie

Golda, what a cute shaker card with the Mice. Love it.
Elaine, what cute kitties. I love how you did them.
Linda Jo

Next

Return to "Hump Day" Bump