Summer Blow Out

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Most of us are fully into summer, although I hear it is cool up north. Put on your flip flops, play some fun music and make a card that just screams SUMMER!!!!!!!!
Attachments
IMG_3880.jpg
IMG_3880.jpg (153.53 KiB) Viewed 949 times
IMG_3876.jpg
IMG_3876.jpg (137.85 KiB) Viewed 949 times
IMG_3873.jpg
IMG_3873.jpg (151.24 KiB) Viewed 949 times
Ellie

Great Challenge!

The weather has been crazy! It was nice for a week, miserable for 3 days, okay for the weekend, and super nice Sunday until today and rumor has it we have rain heading our way...Mother Nature hasn't made up her mind what to do with the PNW!
Trudeenr

Ellie, great challenge, and some wonderful sample cards!
Trudi, I am a novice at text speak... so had to look up what PNW means. (Or... maybe it's not text speak, but PNW speak. In either case... I am definitely thankful for google!)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Ellie, those are really fun examples! I have a couple more days off before my next pet job so I'll see if I can crank one out before I go. Thank you for hosting!
Elaine
eoconnell

Lovely cards El. OK I am going to have to look up PNW!!!!!LOL
Linda Jo

Ellie, those are great cards! They definitely scream "SUMMER!"

Well, we are definitely in summer, here. It's has been and will continue to be over 100 each and every day. I don't think we've gotten to 110, yet, but it's pretty close. So, ACs are on, and drapes are no longer fully opened. Enjoying the sun, however.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

MrsAsperin-Kathy wrote:Ellie, great challenge, and some wonderful sample cards!
Trudi, I am a novice at text speak... so had to look up what PNW means. (Or... maybe it's not text speak, but PNW speak. In either case... I am definitely thankful for google!)

Sorry...PNW is Pacific North West...normally it means Washington and Oregon (sometimes Idaho as well).
Trudeenr

Trudeenr wrote:
MrsAsperin-Kathy wrote:Ellie, great challenge, and some wonderful sample cards!

Sorry...PNW is Pacific North West...normally it means Washington and Oregon (sometimes Idaho as well).

So... in simple terms, PNW means "Beautiful!" :D
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

P1340373.JPG
P1340373.JPG (28.7 KiB) Viewed 920 times
P1340375.JPG
P1340375.JPG (34.79 KiB) Viewed 920 times

I got a little time at the craft desk...with the rain falling I really needed a dose of summer!
Trudeenr

Trudi, When I just went to post my card and saw your card... I chuckled. Looks like our great minds think alike... and also both like ice cream!

I had a hard time deciding just what to stamp for this challenge. Then, remembered some Dearie Dolls digis that are new to me. When I think of summer I think of ice cream. (Actually, that's a lie. I think of- and enjoy- ice cream year round.)
So I fell in love this free digi. Then found this ice cream truck in my stash (Was in a packet from a past challenge win. Possibly from Barry?) The ice cream truck reminds of my childhood, especially when paired with the strips of musical notes.
Back in the 1960's, whenever we heard the cheery music ringing down the street in Council Bluffs Iowa, we ran out with allowance in hand to buy our favorite summer treat! (I haven’t heard that sound for many decades, but recently discovered that it is still programmed in my brain. We have a new clothes dryer that plays a cheery little tune when it finishes cycle. Every time I hear it, I crave ice cream!)
Note- The free digi is from http://freedeariedollsdigistamps.blogspot.com

Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Next

Return to "Hump Day" Bump