Summer Blow Out

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

I can't believe you two came up with the same idea. All of the cards are darling. You both used great summery colors, too.

When I was a kid, back in the 50's, we eagerly waited for four kinds of trucks. First and foremost, the ice cream truck. Second, a little local grocery store occasionally delivered on our block and the driver used to give us all a free stck of gum. Third was the milkman. On a hot summer day he would use an icepick to break off big chunks of ice for us. We would sit on the curb and clurp on that wonderful ice to cool off. BE READY TO BE APPALLED AT THIS LAST ONE. A few times during the summer a truck would drive through the streets spraying for mosquitoes. We would run behind it, getting wet with the bug spray!!! We thought it was great fun, our parents knew that we did it and they were not at all concerned. Yes, I should be dead. Aah, those were the days.
Ellie

Ellie wrote:I can't believe you two came up with the same idea. All of the cards are darling. You both used great summery colors, too.

When I was a kid, back in the 50's, we eagerly waited for four kinds of trucks. First and foremost, the ice cream truck. Second, a little local grocery store occasionally delivered on our block and the driver used to give us all a free stck of gum. Third was the milkman. On a hot summer day he would use an icepick to break off big chunks of ice for us. We would sit on the curb and clurp on that wonderful ice to cool off. BE READY TO BE APPALLED AT THIS LAST ONE. A few times during the summer a truck would drive through the streets spraying for mosquitoes. We would run behind it, getting wet with the bug spray!!! We thought it was great fun, our parents knew that we did it and they were not at all concerned. Yes, I should be dead. Aah, those were the days.

Ellie, thanks for the walk through your memories. We had just the ice cream truck... and a mosquito fogger truck. Although we didn't run directly behind the fogger (mainly because we wouldn't have been able to see where we were going!). Since we lived in a small town I think it drove through every street. I remember sitting in our front yard watching it's progress as the cloud of fog drew closer. When it got to our block we would often run across the road after it had passed and the fog was dissipating! Always was kind of magical to run through that fog. (And yes, our parents knew about it, too. They often commented on how thankful THEY were to see the fogger because it would mean a respite from the skeetos! We didn't have air conditioning so spent a lot of time out of doors on hot days and nights so they were like a plague!

So yes... we should be dead. Or maybe brain damaged! (If you asked my hubby about that last option he might say there could be some validity to such a claim!)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

One of the free digi sites that I enjoy has the perfect sentiment for this challenge. "Hot Fun in the Summertime" in neat mixed font. Visit here http://createwithtlc-createwithtlc.blogspot.com to see it and download if desired.
But, don't wait too long. They are only free for a limited time before being added to her Etsy shop... or gone forever!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Trudi & Kathy, "cool" cards. I love both of them and ice cream too! I still get a little tingle when I hear an ice cream truck.

I almost made a Popsicle card but no ice cream truck in my stash! I'll post my card after I unload my stuff - just got to the dog job and have to find my camera & cord.

Ellie, it's scary the stuff we used to do (and our parents let us), isn't it?
Elaine
eoconnell

Elaine
eoconnell

Elaine, I love the colors and texture on your card... especially the beach towel and beach bag handle. So cute!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Elaine, I love this! The little beach bag is just adorable. The background DP is perfect for this challenge.

Linda Jo and I are in St. Louis visiting a friend. We went to two stores yesterday and we are hitting another one today. We have seen lots of cute summer papers. If you haven't done this challenge, poke around in your stash; you might have a summer paper that you forgot about.
Ellie

I am really enjoying the fun summer cards and the hilarious conversation! Glad everyone survived the bug trucks.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Cute cards everyone!!!
Linda Jo

How fun are all your cards! Love all the stories you have all shared too.
Here are a few Memory Dex cards I created for summer...
Attachments
DSCN1545.JPG
DSCN1545.JPG (169.72 KiB) Viewed 632 times
DSCN1542.JPG
DSCN1542.JPG (151.02 KiB) Viewed 632 times
DSCN1621.JPG
DSCN1621.JPG (129.48 KiB) Viewed 632 times
Jane
Jane from Utah

PreviousNext

Return to "Hump Day" Bump