Iris folding challenge - June 14 - June 20

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Good morning everyone, two weeks ago I was at the Stamp and Scrap expo and I had such a good time! I took classes, I shopped, I cropped, I did the Mega Make n Take, volunteered to be a teachers assistant and even participated in a card swap! It was a well rounded and fun three days! For the swap I created 16 cards to give away and one would be voted on as "Most Appreciated", well my card won! Below is the card I made using a template from Michelle Powell's book "Iris Folding". (I forgot to take a picture of the 16 I made so I made another one that I will send to my Sister for her birthday next month). It is an old technique called an "Iris fold" so my challenge for you this week is to create a card using this technique. You can find many tutorials, examples and templates by doing a simple Google search. I hope you give this a try as the results are very stunning! Have fun this week.

Last edited by Prince of Paper on Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Barry
Prince of Paper

Just beautiful!!!!
Linda Jo

Barry... this care is definately a winner! What a great idea to make the sun with an iris fold since the rays do then radiate! Love it!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

What a beautiful card, Barry! Terrie is going to excel at this one, as she loves Iris Folding. Thanks for the challenge.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

That's a gorgeous card, Barry! Linda Jo and I are going to the Expo in KC next month. We had a great time last year and can't wait to go back.
Ellie

Excellent card Barry for an Iris Folding Technique...congrats on being a winner....
I fell in love with card making because of this technique....Now to find time to do one.
terrie

Great job Barry and I can certainly see why it won! Thank you for hosting!
Elaine
eoconnell

After a long day of training and travel, I needed some craft room time. This challenge provided just what the Kathy ordered!
Found an idea on Pinterest that worked perfectly with a digi image that I purchased a while ago. It's called You and Me and can be found here- http://www.tiddlyinks.com
I used strips of shimmery gift wrap for the iris folds. Gave a wonderfully crisp and precise edge.

Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Kathy - that is beautiful! Some couple will be very happy to receive it.
Trudeenr

Kathy, that is beautiful, creative and so darn sweet! Great job!
Elaine
eoconnell

Next

Return to "Hump Day" Bump