Aug. 9-15 Laurel & Hardy

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Welcome to this week’s Hump day Card Challenge. Barry and I have a fun challenge in store for you!

Here is how the challenge works-
1) If you want to participate, send a note to both Barry and me separately.
You can PM us or send via email:
Kathy- asperkathy@charter.net and Barry- barrys@vulcan.com
Please note, we might not be able to respond during the day. But will for sure get to you in the evenings!

2) Each of us will send you an item or idea that you will then include on a card. For instance, Barry may respond with “Make a card using a butterfly”, I may respond with “Make a card with a circle die or punch”. However, Barry and I won’t know what the other person tells you. So your creation will be a wonderful surprise for us, too! (Kind of like Laurel and Hardy. Their routines appeared to build upon each other, and their creative humor and antics were always a delight!)

3) You will then create the card using these two ideas. When you upload your creation, include the suggestions provided. For instance, “Barry instructed me to use a butterfly and Kathy required using a circle die or punch.”

Isn’t this a fun and different idea? We hope you all get a chance to play along. We are waiting patiently for your emails. (And feel free to send any questions our way, too!)

Here are the sample cards that Barry and I created using the parameters of “Make a card 1) using a butterfly and 2) which includes circles.”

Barry- Image

Kathy- Image
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Well how fun is this? I will PM you guys for my assignment.
Ellie

I was anxiously awaiting what you two would come up with and you didn't disappoint! Great card examples and thank you & Barry for hosting!
Elaine
eoconnell

What a cool challenge!!!!! I love it!!!!
Linda Jo

Love your challenge name, as well as the idea!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Ellie wrote:Well how fun is this? I will PM you guys for my assignment.

Hi Ellie, I have PM'd you your assignment! Have fun!
Barry
Prince of Paper

Golda wrote:Love your challenge name, as well as the idea!

Hi Golda, I have PM'd to your your challenge assignment. Have fun.
Barry
Prince of Paper

Sending my PM...can't wait to hear back from the 2 of you!
Trudeenr

Trudeenr wrote:Sending my PM...can't wait to hear back from the 2 of you!

Trudi, I have sent you your assignment, isn't this fun? I can't wait to see what you create with my suggestion and the one Kathy provides.
Barry
Prince of Paper

Kathy had me use pastel colors (a major challenge for me) and Barry told me to use a decorative border punch. The embellishments came from Jane as a prize. Thanks again, Jane! Kathy, this is as pastel as I get-hope it's OK. Thanks to Laurel and Hardy for a fun challenge. It was great to be creating again. I missed you guys.
Attachments
IMG_4118.jpg
IMG_4118.jpg (133.96 KiB) Viewed 740 times
Ellie

Next

Return to "Hump Day" Bump