Aug. 9-15 Laurel & Hardy

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Golda, I like your card. The distress inks plus the lace and ribbon stems give an amazing contrast of textures.
And your comment about your husbands rating made me smile. My hubby is often underwhelmed by some of my creations, especially those that are really "busy." Like your's, he is tactful in his response, but he usually prefers the ones I make that have humor or special folds. So... those are the ones I share with him! (PS If he really doesn't like a card I can easily tell because he will get real quiet and then ask, "What would you like me to say?" He is so funny!)
Last edited by MrsAsperin-Kathy on Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Golda, I love the colors! both your comments about your hubbies makes me smile as mine does the same. I can always tell when a card is not 'preferred' as there is a silence while thoughts are being formed and then a generic "It's nice" but if it is one that he really likes than its "oh, that is wonderful, I like what you did...." So funny. But great job on your card the colors are sooooo pretty.
Barry
Prince of Paper

Golda, love your colors in that one!

Kathy had me make a card for a child & Barry had me use stripes. I struggled with it a bit. I finally came up with this concoction. :lol:

Elaine
eoconnell

Elaine, that is fantastic! I love that your stripes are horizontal, too.

Kathy and Barry, you both had me laughing about our significant others' responses.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Elaine, that is fantastic! I love it but I am from cowboy country and I love my cowboy boots and cowboy hat but don't ever get to wear them because I live in the city and people look at me strangely. -sigh- But I love the card and the boots and the stripes are awesome! Are we having fun or what???
Barry
Prince of Paper

Elaine, what a fun card! The blue outline really sets of those boots. (And what's up with that sweet little star pretending he's a sheriffs badge?!)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Good one, Elaine! How did you come up with those cute boots?
Ellie

Ellie wrote:Good one, Elaine! How did you come up with those cute boots?

I've had a package of cute boy cut outs for a few years and finally broke it open to see what was in there.

Kathy, not sure about the boots belonging to a Sheriff but I felt like that corner needed a little something.
Elaine
eoconnell

All of these cards are so cute. What a fun challenge.
Barry had me use fall colors and Kathy had me make a birthday card.
Attachments
fall bd card.JPG
fall bd card.JPG (111.94 KiB) Viewed 670 times
Linda Jo

Linda Jo, that is beautiful! I love the colors and the paper you chose! Great job. Thanks for playing along this week.
Barry
Prince of Paper

PreviousNext

Return to "Hump Day" Bump