Aug. 9-15 Laurel & Hardy

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Linda Jo wrote:Kathy, I did not get your PM- sorry. I think something is wrong with my messages Please try again or email me at srefdacda@aolcom

I just sent you an email. Have fun!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

This sounds fun. I will give it a try.
Koren
I do whatever the voices tell me to do.
purpleladybug

Ellie, your card is great! Love that border and it actually looks like a bit of pale pink stripe above it, as well as the pretty salmon.

Trudi, those are both great cards!

I got my assignments and started working, last night, but didn't have a chance to work more this morning, before work. I'll try to finish it up this evening, as I'm really excited about it.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

purpleladybug wrote:This sounds fun. I will give it a try.

Hi Koren, I just sent your assignment!
Barry
Prince of Paper

Barry, I requested an assignment too. If you didn't get my PM, can you just go ahead and assign me something? There is something clearly wrong with our PM function. :roll:

Great job Ellie. You recovered quickly from vacation.

Trudi, beautiful colors on your cards!
Elaine
eoconnell

Prince of Paper wrote:

Got it. Thank you!
Koren
I do whatever the voices tell me to do.
purpleladybug

eoconnell wrote:Barry, I requested an assignment too. If you didn't get my PM, can you just go ahead and assign me something? There is something clearly wrong with our PM function. :roll:

Great job Ellie. You recovered quickly from vacation.

Trudi, beautiful colors on your cards!

You got it Elaine, I have sent to you your assignment. Let me know if you have questions. Have fun!!!!
Barry
Prince of Paper

Are you all enjoying this new challenge? I am having a blast thinking about you all and deciding on something for you to create with and then I wait in anticipation to see what you create by combining my suggestion with Kathy's and not know what she has sent to you. So much fun!
Barry
Prince of Paper

purpleladybug wrote:
Prince of Paper wrote:

Got it. Thank you!

I just sent your assignment, too. (Sorry for the delay. Of course this turned out to be a crazy busy week at work. Was hoping it would be low key. Silly me!)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Barry told me to use ribbon, lace, or baker's twine in any color. Kathy told me to use flowers.

This wasn't my first idea, but as I was looking for what I needed for the first idea, I saw this piece of card done with Distress Oxide inks that went amazingly well with the lace and ribbon I found. So, found some card stock for the base to go with it and went to town. I tried just using clear embossing over the inked sheet, but it wasn't enough detail, so went back and added the outline in one of the same colors used. For the others, I stamped the outline first, then did the embossing (those look better). My husband looked at it for a long time and said it definitely wasn't one of his favorites. It isn't quite as good as I had imagined, but I still think it turned out quite well. There is a ribbon "stem" on each of the flowers, though you can't see all of them.

8-10-17 WCC Laurel and Hardy (319x400).jpg
8-10-17 WCC Laurel and Hardy (319x400).jpg (120.14 KiB) Viewed 463 times

It definitely looks better in better light. You can't see the shine on the flowers in the picture, either. :(
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

PreviousNext

Return to "Hump Day" Bump