Aug 30-Sept 5: Christmas Preparations

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

I have to admit... I love Christmas. And once fall hits, schedules get hectic. So... for this challenge I invite you to make a card or two to help prepare now, when you have some time. I made this card from the August free digi at beccysplace.blogspot.com
However, I do have to tell you that I hadn't planned to make the sentiment banner. It is covering some pretty ugly embossing. The card was coming together pretty nicely, until I decided to add "just a few" white embossed snowflakes. My white EP looked off color when I pulled the jar from the drawer. However, I thought it would still heat up okay. Um... nope! It heated up in a few places to be kind of a tannish bleachhh! I was ready to toss it, then realized that I could just cover up the worst snowflakes. They are now lurking behind the banner. In many places the EP didn't stick, which in this case is a good thing!
In case you ever wonder, 18 year old EP can go bad! I threw the rest out and am getting a new jar. Probably a smaller one this time!

I can't wait to see your beautiful cards! (And, if they have a story to tell... like mine does... please share it! Oops stories are always so encouraging to me!)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Kathy, it's beautiful even with the banner covering the lovely scene. Your "oops" has still turned into a swan.
Elaine
eoconnell

So sorry for the mess up but no one will no!!!!. I don't know how many times I was finished with a card and decided it needed just one more thing. And then messed it up. Very good recovery Kathy and beautiful card!!!
Linda Jo

Yes, great way to keep the card from being a total loss! I have out of town company coming for the weekend so, not much time for card making. If I can squeak one in, I will get out my Christmas box and see what I can do.
Ellie

Great save, Kathy! I have found that saving the "best stuff" is not always a good thing, as it sometimes goes "bad".
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

For the amount of time I spent on these, I should love them but I'm lukewarm about them. I made 4 of each color.
Elaine
eoconnell

I think they are cute, Elaine. I like the pink one better because I'm not crazy about the banners on the blue one. Otherwise, I love the layout and the papers you used. I was gifted a box of Mickey Mouse Christmas cards so I won't be making as many cards this year. So, my OCD alter ego is telling me that the ones I make have to be really special. No pressure though. :lol:
Ellie

Elaine, those are cute. Whoever receives them will love them.

Ellie, you are too funny. No matter how many, or how few you make, they will be absolutely excellent.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

So cute Elaine!!!!
Linda Jo

I think my card needs more in the background...

P1350179.JPG
P1350179.JPG (18.26 KiB) Viewed 1144 times
Trudeenr

Next

Return to "Hump Day" Bump