Oct 25 Make Your Paper

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

I am in Branson Missouri on a short vacation. I got here this afternoon after visiting a Scrapbook store in Deepwater MO. Of course, I bought a few things but overall I didn't think the shop was very good. My hotel has horrible internet service and my computer won't connect to the internet here because it says that the network is not safe. I am very proud of myself for figuring out how to use my phone as a hot spot to get me on the internet. Yea, me!!

On to the challenge. Your challenge is to make our own background paper and then make a card. Any technique and any theme for your card is acceptable. I used distress inks, stamps and shimmer mist to make my paper. If you use a technique that we may not know, it would be great if you would share a link to a blog or video. (not required but a nice gesture) I would love to learn something new.

I will be out and about for most of the next two days. I will try to comment when I can but please forgive me if I am not responding quickly.
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (137 KiB) Viewed 1384 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (147.09 KiB) Viewed 1384 times
Ellie

Beautiful autumn card Ellie! I have something in mind so just need to get into action. Thank you for hosting and remembering to host since I forgot your reminder!
Elaine
eoconnell

I recently bought some glimmer paste. I had seen some really cool cards so wanted to try it out.

Here's a tutorial but it's easy-peasy - don't really need one. Rub on with finger or sponge and polish with a paper towel or wipe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-XtT4l0aV8
Elaine
eoconnell

A very pretty card Ellie and a great challenge.
Elaine, thanks for sharing the link and your card is beautiful. No I need to go shopping and get some of that. :D
Jane
Jane from Utah

Ellie, great challenge and card...enjoy your mini vacation
Elaine, what a beautiful card it turned out fantastic....I've seen some videos with this glimmer paste and thinking about getting some...thanks for sharing the video.....
terrie

Woo Hoo for figuring out how to use your phone as a hot spot! Beautiful card and a fun challenge, too.

Elaine, that is a great card, as well.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

My background paper was made with bubble wrap and Recollections Ombre ink.....I spread the ink all over the bubble wrap laid it on my cardstock carefully ran it through my Cuttlebug..it did pop some of the bubbles but not much it gave a good imprint of the bubble wrap....Here is my card.
Attachments
20171025_121719.jpg
20171025_121719.jpg (47.51 KiB) Viewed 1369 times
terrie

Terrie, isn't that fun??? I wouldn't have thought to run it through the Cuttlebug. Good idea!
Elaine
eoconnell

Elaine, i love your card! I will definitely watch the video when I get home.
Terrie, that is a very cute and clever background. Thank you both for playing!
Ellie

Ellie, love you autumn colors card.
Elaine, I have never seen that product. It is gorgeous on your card.
Terrie, I've used bubble wrap before but never got that nice of a print. Good idea to use your Cuddlebug!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Next

Return to "Hump Day" Bump