Nov 1 Christmas Embellishment

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Happy November 1st! I gave out 30 full sized candy bars in an hour and had to put a sign on the door saying we were out of candy. We usually only have about 20 kids but I got slammed this year. So no candy in the craft room for me. :shock:

I am challenging you to make a Christmas embellishment for a card, tag or box. You don't have to make the final project; just the embellishment. We can all use some fresh ideas for our Christmas cards. I learned how to do this tree from Jen Leeflang over at the Outlawz Challenges board. It was easy and turned out well. You just cut a cardstock triangle and run a thin line of adhesive down the middle. Cut short lengths of 1/2" or a bit wider ribbon, tie a knot in the middle and adhere them to the triangle. You will have some open spaces so use a CS that matches your ribbon. I think plaid ribbon would be cute for this , too. I'm looking forward to seeing some good embellishments here. Have fun!
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (104.78 KiB) Viewed 1158 times
Ellie

Ellie, that is soooo cute!!! I am going to have to try this! Great challenge.
Jane
Jane from Utah

Ellie, your embellie is adorable! Even without chocolate you were able to make such a beauty!
I signed up at Outlawz and have looked around a bit. But have to admit that I feel overwhelmed there. Is there a "find your way around the site" type of link? I really don't know where to start. (And couldn't find the challenge you are hosting.) Help!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Ellie, your ribbon tree is adorable what a great idea.....
terrie

Stinkin cute El
Linda Jo

That is a great embellishment, Ellie! I love your triple loop bow at the top, too.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

MrsAsperin-Kathy wrote:Ellie, your embellie is adorable! Even without chocolate you were able to make such a beauty!
I signed up at Outlawz and have looked around a bit. But have to admit that I feel overwhelmed there. Is there a "find your way around the site" type of link? I really don't know where to start. (And couldn't find the challenge you are hosting.) Help!

Kathy, the site is a bit daunting but the challenge boards give directions about how to post your photos. After you do it a few times it gets easier. To get to my challenge, click on Challenges near the top of the board. A drop down menu will appear that lists the challenges by day of the week. The CAS challenge is on Sunday. Click on it and you will be on the Sunday board. Scroll below the photos of the design team and you will see the challenges listed by date. Mine is from this Sunday, October 29th. Click on it and you will be looking at the current challenge which is to make a CAS card with a pumpkin on it. If you are still having trouble, call me while you are at your computer and I will talk you through it.
Ellie

Ellie, that's fabulous! I'll be lurking but not playing - on a pet job for the next 11 days.
Elaine
eoconnell

I made woven star Christmas ornaments for my bag....one in silver, one in gold...usually these are much larger but I thought they were cute this size perfect for an ornament in a tree too.
Attachments
20171102_105430.jpg
20171102_105430.jpg (33.92 KiB) Viewed 1141 times
20171102_110942.jpg
20171102_110942.jpg (32.84 KiB) Viewed 1141 times
terrie

Those are beautiful, Terrie! As is the tiny card.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Next

Return to "Hump Day" Bump