Under 30 only - November 22 - November 28

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Hello, I find that I often need a "Thank you" card at a moments notice, and with time scarce this time of year with the shopping, the holidays, the family gatherings, the shopping, the decorating and did I mention shopping? so for the "Hump Day" Bump challenge I am challenging you to make a "Thank you" card in under 30 minutes! If you are like me this is soooooo difficult because I can take hours and that is just picking out the paper :). My card example was done at 22.26 minutes (I used my stop watch on my phone). It helped that the stair step base was a kit as was the two panels, but I mixed up the kit and added a pop up butterfly, some ribbon, a "Thanks a bunch" sticker and three small flower brads. I would like you to upload your card with the time it took you to make it so yes, you will need a timer. Have fun and remember to take at least 30 minutes for yourself during this hectic season and make a card!

Barry
Prince of Paper

Such a clever challenge and such a cute card. BArry this is a really hard one for me.I am like you!!! I can spend all day on a card from start to finish.I hope i have time to play!!!!LOL
Linda Jo

Fun challenge, Barry! I’m baking my turkey this afternoon so I should easily have 30 minutes to do this.
Ellie

Eeee gads! :o I'm in the several hours per card, for most of them category. Hmmm, if I can plan it all out in my head before hand, it might be possible. MIGHT. :?

I do like your fun card!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

I am like the others who responded... can spend many happy hours working on a card! But it is stress reducing for me.
So this will be a challenge. And your card is a beautiful inspiration!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Golda wrote:Eeee gads! :o I'm in the several hours per card, for most of them category. Hmmm, if I can plan it all out in my head before hand, it might be possible. MIGHT. :?

I do like your fun card!

I tried this to, but it all went out the window when I started and changed mid stream (about 4 minutes in). Eeee gads is right! This really is a challenge for me to do this as with many of you it appears. Have fun.
Barry
Prince of Paper

I came home from my workout and decided to do this before I polish the silverware. This was such an easy card that I made two while I was at it. It took 20 minutes. Thanks, Barry! Now i am ready to thank my kids for bringing sides and desserts to Thanksgiving dinner.
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (64.61 KiB) Viewed 917 times
Ellie

Ellie those are very cute and you did two in 20 minutes! Awesome job and I love the colors! Yeah for you. Happy Thanksgiving.
Barry
Prince of Paper

Oh boy Barry what a challenge...it always takes me an hour or more to make a card and you want 30 minutes...
Can I think of the paper before the count down?

Barry and Ellie your cards turned out really nice....thanks for sharing your ideas.
terrie

terrie wrote:Oh boy Barry what a challenge...it always takes me an hour or more to make a card and you want 30 minutes...
Can I think of the paper before the count down?

Barry and Ellie your cards turned out really nice....thanks for sharing your ideas.

Terrie, yes you may but if you are anything like me that is what takes me so long to make a card so I challenged myself to start the clock without really thinking to much about it before hand. But I did 'think' before i created, and then it fell apart and my pre thinking didn't really materialize so I quickly went in a different direction.
Barry
Prince of Paper

Next

Return to "Hump Day" Bump