Joy Fold Challenge 3/16 to 3/22

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Nicely done Terrie! I love the beauty of that color. That pretty little butterfly on the corner is perfect, too.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Terrie, that's so pretty. I love the color choices.
Elaine
eoconnell

Terrie - I love the tulip like flowers on your DP! Thank you for doing my challenge.
Trudeenr

Elaine, love the addition of the border punch on your joy-fold card. So pretty!

Terrie, your card is like a breath of fresh air. That little butterfly adds a sweet touch.

Neon yellow scraps from Barry's challenge inspired me to make this card that I'd pinned on Pinterest quite a while ago. So fun!
(Sorry that the photo is a little blurry. For some reason couldn't get a nice crisp shot.)
ImageImage
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Kathy - did you use acetate to make the jar? If so, what kind of ink did you use on it? Mine always smudges...
Trudeenr

Kathy, another great looking card...love the theme of the card and those adorable fireflies...well done
terrie

Trudeenr wrote:Kathy - did you use acetate to make the jar? If so, what kind of ink did you use on it? Mine always smudges...

Yes... I used acetate. And the ink did smudge, badly! I tried heat embossing with black powder... but that melted the plastic. Ended up putting clear packing tape over the ink. Didn't work very well as the ink is still wet on the acetate underneath the tape. And there were some major air bubbles that I had to pop. So... definately need to figure out a different option next time. I have printed on acetate many times in the past and it never used to smear. Am figuring it must be our new printer? Because this is the same box of acetate that I bought in 2001... and have used with no trouble until the last few times.
So aggravating! Next time I think I'll need to just draw with a permanent ink pen on the acetate.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Smudged, or not, I certainly can't tell, it is a wonderful card! My favorite part of visiting east of the Mississippi when I was young was the lightning bugs.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

I agree, Golda. I remember catching lightning bugs in Nebraska at my grandparents farm. The first time I think I was four or five years old. I'd captured a few in a jar then was told it was bedtime. I remember that I wanted to bring the jar to bed with me but my mom said I had to leave the jar on the porch. The next morning I was so upset because I thought my older brothers had let my pretty bugs go and put some ugly bugs in my jar! They really are magical!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Kathy, that is so darn cute! I love the effect you gave the firefly of glowing. It turned out great even if it was a pain in the belljar to make.
Elaine
eoconnell

PreviousNext

Return to "Hump Day" Bump