Hand drawn...June 18 to June 25

Dispel the Monday blues with this Monday morning to Sunday night challenge.

Moderator: Ellie

Good morning my friends! This week is challenge is to do some hand drawn work...I believe it was Ellie who introduced me to ZENTANGLE. (It has made lots of boring Award Night dinners and other meetings a lot more bearable for me!) So this week, I want you to try and draw a mandala or a Zentangle design as your feature for a card. There are a lot of designs and how-to videos and tutorials on the net, but really it's just doodling!

I am still working on a wedding present, so I Love to Zentangle the young couple's initial for monogrammed card set and for the mandala, I loosely drew circles that I filled in...you don't have to get all crazy and use protractors and all that fancy stuff...just have fun with it! (Barry - I know that your Perfectionism is going to drive you crazy with this but if I can do it, so can you...just let your pen fly!)

P1360856.JPG
P1360856.JPG (50.22 KiB) Viewed 118 times

I'll have a little prize drawing next Monday, June 25th!

1. Ellie
2. Golda
Last edited by Trudeenr on Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trudeenr

This will be a fun creative challenge for anyone who wants to try it. Thanks for hosting this week, Trudi. I am headed to my card room in just a few minutes.
Ellie

Trudi, can we stamp an image and Zentangle in it? Or, do you want the whole thing drawn by hand? This is from someone who can't draw a circle without something to trace around. :roll:

I do like your examples.
Last edited by Golda on Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

I don't do well at Zentangle - it makes me anxious. That being said, I'm pet sitting and have limited supplies so that may work in my favor to attempt it. Your samples are motivating Trudi.
Elaine
eoconnell

I haven't done any Zentangles in a long time. I forgot how relaxing it is, which is the whole point of it. I put on some nice music and just tangled away. Thanks, Trudi!
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (62.68 KiB) Viewed 106 times
Ellie

Very cute Ellie!
Elaine
eoconnell

Ellie - that is awesome! And yes, it's very therapeutic for the soul!

Golda - if you would like to stamp an image to Zentangle that it's fine. I did trace my letter S to Zentangle and the mandala I traced circles and then erased them after inking the design!
Trudeenr

Trudeenr wrote:Golda - if you would like to stamp an image to Zentangle that it's fine. I did trace my letter S to Zentangle and the mandala I traced circles and then erased them after inking the design!

That will definitely help. I will try to relax while doing it. :lol:

Ellie, I like yours! Glad you enjoyed doing it, as well.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

I also find Zentangle isn't very relaxing. It's the reason that I struggle with watercolor, too. I like structure and contol. That said, I'll try to find time to give this a chance.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Kathy - you can always make a mandala...there is many ways to draw them and it's a little more structured.
Trudeenr

Next

Return to Your Monday Pick-me-up!