Your childhood favorite book! Aug 6 to Aug 12th

Dispel the Monday blues with this Monday morning to Sunday night challenge.

Moderator: Ellie

What was your favorite book that YOUR parents read to you as a child? What was your favorite book to read to your kids?

Stephen loved to read "Where the Wild Things Are" to all of our children. Of course he was really good at make all the noises and all the kids LOVED that! Since both Stephen and Samantha's birthdays are on the 9th...let's celebrate the true love of snuggling with your young child and reading together by creating a card based on your or your child's favorite book!

Here's the birthday card I made for Stephen...HL had Where the Wild Things Are washi tape set and I used it to make the background!

P1370058.JPG
P1370058.JPG (43.95 KiB) Viewed 150 times

I can't wait to see what your favorite children's books are! For those who make a card, you will be entered into a prize drawing which will be held on Monday, Aug 13th.

PS...my kids' favorite stories were:
Samantha's - Where Is Bobo?
Alexandria's - Harold and the Purple Crayon (and yes, purple was her favorite color!)
Joseph's - Chug-a Chug-a Choo-Choo
Katrina didn't have an absolute favorite (at least not one that I still basically have memorized) but she loved FAIRY stories!

1. Elaine
2. Golda
3. Kathy
4. Barry
Last edited by Trudeenr on Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Trudeenr

Darling card Trudi!

My friends and I had a conversation along these lines last week. None of us remember our parents reading to us. Maybe it was a generational thing and/or our parents were too busy working to make ends meet but none of us could remember being read to. Fortunately, we all read to our kids and I think it's a nice bonding time. I hope to get time to play today, since I'm headed back out tomorrow for a pet job.
Elaine
eoconnell

Trudi, what a fun challenge and I love your card!

My brother and I were read to constantly as children, and I started reading to my kids before they were born, so picking a "favorite" is going to be difficult. There are and were so many. ;)
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Made bookmarks for both the older grandkids. Dr. Suess was always a favorite of mine to read to my daughter and such good advice!
Elaine
eoconnell

I think my favorite book was a Golden Book called Pokey Little Puppy. I read multiple books to my own kids every day without fail. We would go through 20 or more books from the library every week. As a result, the kids were both good readers before kindergarten. They just picked it up from being read to so much. My son's favorite book was Harry and the Terrible Whatzit. It was about a monster living in the cellar and Harry eventually scaring it away. It's a great book about facing your fears. My daughter's favorite was Milton the Early Riser. It was about a baby panda that woke up every day before the other animals did. He would go to their homes to wake them up to play.

This should be a fun challenge, Trudi. Thanks for hosting this week.
Ellie

My daughter's favorite was The Giving Tree. I don't remember what my son's favorite was, as it changed frequently. His least favorite was Love You Forever. He thought what the people in the book did was just stupid. :lol: His was probably the A Series of Unfortunate Events series.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Elaine - I love the bookmarks. Dr. Seuss is a favorite in our house too!

Thank you all for sharing your favorite books!
Trudeenr

Ellie wrote:I think my favorite book was a Golden Book called Pokey Little Puppy. I read multiple books to my own kids every day without fail. We would go through 20 or more books from the library every week. As a result, the kids were both good readers before kindergarten. They just picked it up from being read to so much. My son's favorite book was Harry and the Terrible Whatzit. It was about a monster living in the cellar and Harry eventually scaring it away. It's a great book about facing your fears. My daughter's favorite was Milton the Early Riser. It was about a baby panda that woke up every day before the other animals did. He would go to their homes to wake them up to play.

This should be a fun challenge, Trudi. Thanks for hosting this week.

Oh... when I was teaching kids about emotions, Harry and the Terrible Watzit was one of their favorite Books. Also, Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, Very Bad Day! (I loved reading that one. It has a wonderful sing-song tone and is also funny!)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Trudi, I love this challenge idea. I don't remember being read to very often as a child (but I'm the third of six kids... which mom had within 9 years. So... she didn't have much time! But... I do remember reading often to my nephews and nieces. That's where my card design will come from! The ideas are percolating!

Elaine, how ingenious you are to create bookmarks for your grandkiddos. They are going to love them!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Trudi, what a fun challenge. My mother read to us every night. Mostly "Little Golden Books". I read them to my girls also. Many favorites for me and my girls. I will have to decide on a favorite. Hubby read all the Dr. Seuss books to our youngest daughter. Your card is wonderful!!!

Elaine great idea to create a Bookmark to give to your Grand kids. Very nice.
Jane
Jane from Utah

Next

Return to Your Monday Pick-me-up!