Shining Thanks - January 7-13, 2019

Dispel the Monday blues with this Monday morning to Sunday night challenge.

Moderator: Ellie

Hello everyone, This was my attempt at starting Trudi's challenge last week but was still recuperating from being sick for so long. I never got them competed and when this challenge came up I decided to finish them up with a new technique that I have never done before. I cut 4 or each of the "Thanks" sentiments out of black cardstock, glued them on top of one another so they had a thickness to them. Then I took my Clear Versa mark ink and coated the sentiment and then heat embossed them with shiny embossing! Its hard to see in the picture but each sentiment is raised and has a shiny, glossy embossing.

Thank you Golda for this challenge and thank you for my get well card! It certainly made my day and yes it helped me get better! Thank you!

Last edited by Prince of Paper on Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barry
Prince of Paper

Nice job Barry! I use the stacking method when I think of it - it's certainly easier than trying to put dimensionals on a thin word, but I like your idea of embossing it! That's so smart!
Elaine
eoconnell

Fantastic job Barry! I'm so glad you are feeling better, too.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Very nice Barry, great looking cards....

Thanks so much Golda
terrie

Wow... some really great cards here, folks. I had hoped to make a card to enter, but my schedule exploded. I knew that January would be busy. But didn't plan on having that crud checked in at our house. Hoping it checks out soon.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Previous

Return to Your Monday Pick-me-up!